Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Frank A <fs...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/19 21:11:32 UTC

Autocomplete with NGrams

I'm trying to follow the link below for setting up an auto complete/suggest
via NGrams:

http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/09/08/auto-suggest-from-popular-queries-using-edgengrams/

I'm trying to do it withing a single SOLR instance, but since this index
isn't an index of the main documents (just a single term list) I don't have
the same primary keys.  The document talks about multiple cores, my question
is a) is this needed? and b) how do I properly setup a second core if it's
necessary.

Thanks.
Frank

Re: Autocomplete with NGrams

Posted by MitchK <mi...@web.de>.
It sounds like the best solution here, right.

However, I do not want to exclude the possibility of doing things one
*should* do in different cores with different configurations and schema.xml
in one core.
I haven't completly read the lucidimagination article, but I would suggest
you to do your work in different cores, since it would make managing and
configuring the different tasks easier.
Furthermore the optimization in configurations for task A (a normal index
where you search) may work worse or wasteful with task B.
To prevent such situation you must use multicore-setups.

- Mitch

Re: Autocomplete with NGrams

Posted by Frank A <fs...@gmail.com>.
Just to confirm - does multicore sound like the right solution here?
Is it not possible to "serve" both use cases from one core?

Thanks.