Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Mohan Kishore <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/24 04:43:33 UTC

Lightweight Skin Framework

http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/cs527/DOWNLOAD/MohanKishore%2FCSS+Skin-final.doc

  As part of my course at UIUC, I have written a "CSS Skin" pattern - along with a sample implementation. I would like to contribute that to the struts framework. It is relatively independent of the struts library (much like the Tiles framework), but I feel that it would be most useful to the web developers when bundled with Struts.

  I am aware of a much more powerful framework "XKins" - but imho, that is an overkill for most applications. My pattern assumes that most web developers already have a CSS file that abstracts the pure presentation elements out of the JSP files. This pattern allows you to provide alternative CSS files in the form of skins.

  regards,
  Mohan

  [PS: please let me know if you want the pattern in a different format]

Mohan Kishore
1137 Foster City Blvd, Apt 2
Foster City, CA 94404
mohankishore@yahoo.com