Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/11 13:45:02 UTC

Git cherry-pick reports a lot of bad objects

Hi

I'm seeing a lot of 'bad-object' errors from git cherry-pick, when doing
a merge to 2.7.x. 3 errors today.

I do a commit and push to the master and then an immediate cherry-pick
to 2.7.x. Is cherry-pick a bit brittle, and git merge needs to be used
or may be we have some reference issues between CXF master and 2.7.x-fixes ?

Cheers, Sergey

Re: Git cherry-pick reports a lot of bad objects

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
By the way, it seems to be happening only when a merge conflict
occurs... So I wipe out 2.7.x, create it again, repeat cherry-pick, and
the same reference does get merged (with the conflict as expected), then
I fix it and commit...

Sergey