Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bo...@adovo.com on 2006/02/02 17:49:16 UTC

Re :automating use of webXmlFragment result - how to do?

Using the Jasper2 task and pointing it to my web.xml, the generated
fragment is automatically merged into the right spot of web.xml.
Here's how I specify the Jasper2 task.  You'll obviously have to set your
attributes according to your setup.  The two key attributes are
webxmlfragment and addwebxmlmappings.  It'll look in your dir that the
uriroot attribute points to to find your web.xml to insert into.

<jasper2
      verbose="0"
      validatexml="false"
      package="${jsp.package}"
      uriroot="${webapp.root.context}"
      webxmlfragment="${build.prod.dir}/generated_web.xml"
      addwebxmlmappings="true"
      outputdir="${jasper2.output.dir}" />

>> Subject:
>> automating use of webXmlFragment result - how to do?
>> From:
>> "Olinga K. Abbott" <ol...@yahoo.com>
>> Date:
>> Wed, 1 Feb 2006 14:58:27 -0800 (PST)
>> To:
>> users@tomcat.apache.org
>>
>> To:
>> users@tomcat.apache.org
>>

>>Use of the webXmlFragment attribute with Jasper produces an xml fragment
requiring inserting into
>>web.xml. Although I could write some custom code to perform this task,
probably using xslt, this
>>seems like a common enough use case that a solution should already exist.
Does anyone know of such