Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Fang Fang FF Chen <ff...@cn.ibm.com> on 2011/08/02 07:12:37 UTC

Is there a way to run a test about some class?

Every time I run tests with "ant tests", it will lasted for a long time.
Now I just want to run some test(i.e Test
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestCliDriver).
Is there a command or a way which is available for my idea? Thank you.
Thanks.
Regards,
FangFang CHEN / 陈芳芳
----------------------------------
BigInsights Team, CDL
Phone:   86-10-82453744
----------------------------------

Re: Is there a way to run a test about some class?

Posted by Fang Fang FF Chen <ff...@cn.ibm.com>.
Harsh, thank you for your explanation.
Thanks.
Regards,
FangFang CHEN / 陈芳芳
----------------------------------
BigInsights Team, CDL
Phone:   86-10-82453744
----------------------------------

             Harsh J
             <harsh@cloudera.c
                                       user@hive.apache.org

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Is there a way to run a test
             user@hive.apache.         about some class?
                    org

Although the compile target is run, no recompilation is done if the build/*
files already exist. You shouldn't face too much of a slowdown.

FWIW, I load tests up in an IDE and run them directly {when,where}ever I
can.

2011/8/2 Fang Fang FF Chen <ff...@cn.ibm.com>
  Thank you.
  I just want to run some test cases more than once. I am finding a way to
  shorten the rum time for each test.

  Thanks.
  Regards,
  FangFang CHEN / 陈芳芳
  ----------------------------------
  BigInsights Team, CDL
  Phone: 86-10-82453744
  ----------------------------------

  Inactive hide details for Chinna ---2011-08-02 16:33:54---Chinna
  ---2011-08-02 16:33:54---

                         Chinna <
                         chinnarao@hua
                         wei.com>

                         2011-08-02
                         16:32                   user@hive.apache.org,
                                                 devaraj.k@huawei.com

                                                                        cc

           Please respond to                                       Subject
         user@hive.apache.org
                                                 RE: Is there a way to run
                                                 a test about some class?

  Hi,
  org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestCliDriver this test class will generate at
  time of compile. For compiling we no need to any changes in build.xml's.
  What exception u r getting pls let me know.

  more details u can find in the same link this section "Add a Unit Test"
  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

RE: Is there a way to run a test about some class?

Posted by Fang Fang FF Chen <ff...@cn.ibm.com>.
Thank you.
I just want to run some test cases more than once. I am finding a way to
shorten the rum time for each test.

Thanks.
Regards,
FangFang CHEN / 陈芳芳
----------------------------------
BigInsights Team, CDL
Phone:   86-10-82453744
----------------------------------

             Chinna
             <chinnarao@huawei
                                       user@hive.apache.org,
                                                                        cc

             user@hive.apache.         RE: Is there a way to run a test
                    org                about some class?

[...]

                         <devaraj.k@hua
                         wei.com>

                         2011-08-02
                         13:24                   user@hive.apache.org

                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                         Please respond
                               to                RE: Is there a way to run
                         user@hive.apac          a test about some class?
                             he.org