Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Nicklas Norling <ex...@exinor.net> on 2011/08/16 22:47:31 UTC

Possible bug 1.6 -> 1.7 WC upgrade

Hi,

While taking TSVN 1.7 beta2 for a spin I might have possibly found a
bug. According to Stefan Küng the problem
(if any) should be located in svn, so here goes.

Setup:
Win vista 32-bit with latest TSVN 1.6, WC checked out since some time
ago. WC had no local mods, 'cleanup'
ran with TSVN 1.6.
Then upgrade of TSVN to 1.7 beta2, reboot. Svn upgrade of WC went fine
with no errors or other indication of problem.

WC contains a few file externals in the format as displayed on the
attached image.

The update fails in the file externals. I get the impression the upgrade
added the file externals as normal
versioned files. The WC can not be restored to a working order again (at
least I can't figure out how to).

The TSVN 'update' result:

Update

I:\SvnTest

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\Application
Server\Util\SqlStatements.cs

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\Application
Server\Content\Styles\TrainingFiles\vceplayer.swf

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\Application
Server\Content\Styles\TrainingFiles\vceplayer.swf

The file external from

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Alladdin/tags/2.12.x/2.12.6/src/Client/VCE/Style/scormbase/vceplayer.swf'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\Application Server\Content\Styles\TrainingFiles\vceplayer.swf'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\Application
Server\Content\Styles\TrainingFiles\help.xml

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Alladdin/tags/2.12.x/2.12.6/src/Client/VCE/Style/scormbase/help.xml'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\Application Server\Content\Styles\TrainingFiles\help.xml'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\Application
Server\Content\Styles\TrainingFiles\vce_table.css

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Alladdin/tags/2.12.x/2.12.6/src/Client/VCE/Style/scormbase/css/vce_table.css'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\Application Server\Content\Styles\TrainingFiles\vce_table.css'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\Application
Server\Content\Styles\TrainingFiles\noaudio.flv

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Alladdin/tags/2.12.x/2.12.6/src/Client/VCE/Style/noaudio.flv'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\Application Server\Content\Styles\TrainingFiles\noaudio.flv'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\Application
Server\Content\Styles\TrainingFiles\noaudio.mp3

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Alladdin/tags/2.12.x/2.12.6/src/Client/VCE/Style/noaudio.mp3'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\Application Server\Content\Styles\TrainingFiles\noaudio.mp3'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\Application Server\BaldoLocal

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\Application Server\BaldoLocal

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\Application Server\BaldoLocal -
at revision: 4230

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application
Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\AlladdinConfig.cs

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Alladdin/tags/2.10.x/2.10.10/src/Client/Alladdin/AlladdinConfig.cs'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\AlladdinConfig.cs'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application
Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\CompressedPatchArchiveAccessor.cs

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Releaser/trunk/src/ReleaserLib/ReleaseImporterPlugin/CompressedPatchArchiveAccessor.cs'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\CompressedPatchArchiveAccessor.cs'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application
Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\VCEImporterPlugin.cs

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Releaser/trunk/src/ReleaserLib/ReleaseImporterPlugin/VCEImporterPlugin.cs'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\VCEImporterPlugin.cs'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application
Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\VCEReleaserDefinitions.cs

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Releaser/trunk/src/ReleaserLib/ReleaseDefinitions/VCEReleaserDefinitions.cs'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\VCEReleaserDefinitions.cs'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application
Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\ObjectTypes.cs

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Releaser/trunk/src/Releaser/src/UptimeReleaserDefinitions/ObjectTypes.cs'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\ObjectTypes.cs'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application
Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\OracleUtil.cs

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Releaser/trunk/src/Releaser/src/UptimeReleaserEngine/OracleUtil.cs'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\OracleUtil.cs'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application
Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\PerformanceTimer.cs

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Releaser/trunk/src/Releaser/src/UptimeReleaserEngine/PerformanceTimer.cs'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\PerformanceTimer.cs'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application
Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\ReleaseEngineBase.cs

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Releaser/trunk/src/Releaser/src/UptimeReleaserEngine/ReleaseEngineBase.cs'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\ReleaseEngineBase.cs'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application
Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\ReleaseImporter.cs

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Releaser/trunk/src/Releaser/src/UptimeReleaserEngineImporter/ReleaseImporter.cs'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\ReleaseImporter.cs'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application
Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\ReleaseImporterBase.cs

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Releaser/trunk/src/Releaser/src/UptimeReleaserEngineImporter/ReleaseImporterBase.cs'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\ReleaseImporterBase.cs'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application
Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\ReleaseImporterControlInterface.cs

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Releaser/trunk/src/Releaser/src/UptimeReleaserEngineImporter/ReleaseImporterControlInterface.cs'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\ReleaseImporterControlInterface.cs'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application
Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\ReleaseImporterPatchArchiver.cs

'http://svn.sorman.com:8080/svn/uptimeapps/Volvo%20CE/Releaser/trunk/src/Releaser/src/UptimeReleaserEngineImporter/ReleaseImporterPatchArchiver.cs'

cannot overwrite the existing versioned item at 'I:\SvnTest\UpTime
Application

Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\ReleaseImporterPatchArchiver.cs'

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\Log4net

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\Log4net

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\Log4net - at revision: 4230

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\NMock

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\NMock

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\NMock - at revision: 4230

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\UptimeCore

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\UptimeCore

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\UptimeCore - at revision: 4230

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\sqlce

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\sqlce

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application Framework\sqlce - at revision: 4230

I:\SvnTest\UpTime Application
Framework\DeployApp\ReleaseImporter\ReleaseImporterPatchArchiver.cs - at
revision: 26698

/Nicke

Re: Possible bug 1.6 -> 1.7 WC upgrade

Posted by Nicklas Norling <ni...@exinor.net>.
Hi again,

Just got some private feedback from another user that I want to convey as
it seems important for reproduction:

..."that SVN update seems to work
if done for the single external file directly and not for the parent
folder."...

Does that help reproduction?

/Nicke

> Hi,
>
> While taking TSVN 1.7 beta2 for a spin I might have possibly found a
> bug. According to Stefan Küng the problem
> (if any) should be located in svn, so here goes.
<snip>