Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris <cp...@earthlink.net> on 2006/08/28 01:00:57 UTC

Stupid phisher

This is a pretty good fake site except he left a little something from
Mother Russia at the bottom.

http://signin-ebay-co-uk-ebay.land.ru/ws.eBayISAPI.dll.SignIn.pUserId.co.partnerid.siteid.pageType.pa1.i1.html

--
Chris
17:54:07 up 10 days, 37 min, 1 user, load average: 0.22, 0.19, 0.12

Re: Stupid phisher

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.
On Tuesday 29 August 2006 17:43, Gino Cerullo took the opportunity to say:
> On 29-Aug-06, at 7:49 AM, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > On Monday 28 August 2006 01:00, Chris took the opportunity to say:
> >> This is a pretty good fake site except he left a little something
> >> from
> >> Mother Russia at the bottom.
> >>
> >> http://signin-ebay-co-uk-ebay.land.ru/
> >> ws.eBayISAPI.dll.SignIn.pUserId.co.pa
> >> rtnerid.siteid.pageType.pa1.i1.html
> >
> > Speaking about phishers, has anyone thought about spamming them
> > with phony
> > personal data? It's probably not very effective with things that can
> > automatically and instantly be verified, such as eBay credentials, but
> > perhaps more effective with credit card numbers?
>
> If you noticed, [...]

No, I was talking about phishers and phishing in general.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)

Re: Stupid phisher

Posted by Gino Cerullo <gc...@pixelpointstudios.com>.
On 29-Aug-06, at 7:49 AM, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> On Monday 28 August 2006 01:00, Chris took the opportunity to say:
>> This is a pretty good fake site except he left a little something
>> from
>> Mother Russia at the bottom.
>>
>> http://signin-ebay-co-uk-ebay.land.ru/
>> ws.eBayISAPI.dll.SignIn.pUserId.co.pa
>> rtnerid.siteid.pageType.pa1.i1.html
>
> Speaking about phishers, has anyone thought about spamming them
> with phony
> personal data? It's probably not very effective with things that can
> automatically and instantly be verified, such as eBay credentials, but
> perhaps more effective with credit card numbers?

If you noticed, that particular site piped the data directly to the
ebay login site. If the credentials supplied were bogus then the real
ebay site would indicate as such.

The OP has a script that records the data as it is streamed across
their connection. If they can also detect the un-successful log-in
attempts, then the bogus credentials you supply are useless. They
would disregard them resulting in a big waste of time on your part.

A better use of your time is to fill-in the input fields with Russian
swear words until you get board. ;-)

--
Gino Cerullo

Pixel Point Studios
21 Chesham Drive
Toronto, ON  M3M 1W6

416-247-7740

Re: Stupid phisher

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.

Re: Stupid phisher

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Mon, August 28, 2006 01:00, Chris wrote:
> This is a pretty good fake site except he left a little something from
> Mother Russia at the bottom.

press "Sign In Securely" :-)

--
Benny