Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Lakshmi Sujatha Chekuri -ERS, HCL Tech" <la...@hcl.com> on 2012/06/28 13:39:50 UTC

facing problem while copying jmx files

Hi,

I created jmeter script for my application in one system. Now I want to run the same script file in other system which consists Jmeter. I send the JMX file to my mail and opened it in another system where I want to run the script and save there. But while trying to open jmx file in jmeter it is showing error message stating that "no data is available".

Please anyone tell me what is the problem in my process. If my way of copying is wrong please tell me how to copy jmx files from one system to another system.

Thanks & Regards,
Lakshmi Sujatha Chekuri

::DISCLAIMER::

RE: facing problem while copying jmx files

Posted by "Lakshmi Sujatha Chekuri -ERS, HCL Tech" <la...@hcl.com>.
I am using same jmeter version in both systems.

Thanks & Regards,
Lakshmi Sujatha Chekuri

Please be sure that you are using the same versions Jmeter in both systems.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Lakshmi Sujatha Chekuri -ERS, HCL Tech <
lakshmisujatha-c@hcl.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created jmeter script for my application in one system. Now I want to
> run the same script file in other system which consists Jmeter. I send the
> JMX file to my mail and opened it in another system where I want to run the
> script and save there. But while trying to open jmx file in jmeter it is
> showing error message stating that "no data is available".
>
> Please anyone tell me what is the problem in my process. If my way of
> copying is wrong please tell me how to copy jmx files from one system to
> another system.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Lakshmi Sujatha Chekuri
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::

> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted,
> lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
> transmission. The e mail and its contents
> (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability
> on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the
> author and may not necessarily reflect the
> views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
> dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior
> written consent of authorized representative of
> HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
> please delete it and notify the sender immediately.
> Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses
> and other defects.

madhu kk

Re: facing problem while copying jmx files

Posted by madhu sekhar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Please be sure that you are using the same versions Jmeter in both systems.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Lakshmi Sujatha Chekuri -ERS, HCL Tech <
lakshmisujatha-c@hcl.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created jmeter script for my application in one system. Now I want to
> run the same script file in other system which consists Jmeter. I send the
> JMX file to my mail and opened it in another system where I want to run the
> script and save there. But while trying to open jmx file in jmeter it is
> showing error message stating that "no data is available".
>
> Please anyone tell me what is the problem in my process. If my way of
> copying is wrong please tell me how to copy jmx files from one system to
> another system.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Lakshmi Sujatha Chekuri
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::

> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted,
> lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
> transmission. The e mail and its contents
> (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability
> on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the
> author and may not necessarily reflect the
> views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
> dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior
> written consent of authorized representative of
> HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
> please delete it and notify the sender immediately.
> Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses
> and other defects.

madhu kk

RE: facing problem while copying jmx files

Posted by venkatakurathi <ve...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Lakshmi,
please check the jmx file size you have copied.The problem might be with
copying only.
you can open and edit the jmx file with notepad also.simply copy the content
from jmx file & save it with extension "jmx".
when you work with different j meter versions ,if any errors occurs
...referring to the log gives us a clear picture...

-----
Venkat Akurathi
91-9703186688

RE: facing problem while copying jmx files

Posted by "Lakshmi Sujatha Chekuri -ERS, HCL Tech" <la...@hcl.com>.
Hi venkat,

Thanks for your immediate reply. But I have a question Is there no way to copy the files from one system to another?

Thanks & Regards,
Lakshmi Sujatha Chekuri

Posted by venkatakurathi <ve...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Lakshmi,