Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2015/07/01 23:57:16 UTC

Re: CoreOS images http://dl.openvm.eu/

Hi Antoine,

Maybe you can convince them to convert that img into something more friendly for hypervisors (xen/kvm/etc); that's basically what I do at openvm; the image is downloaded and converted in the said formats, nothing gets modified inside the image.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Stephan,

Absolutely, this is how I do it as well. :-)
Also, that's why I also publish the kickstarts, so people can just reuse them to build their own stuff.
I also do realise many people are new to this, so it's mostly them who need the templates.
I hope in the future the quality and number of the templates to increase and raise some more trust.

Anywho, going back to CoreOS, I'd love it if they converted the images themselves so i don't have to.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com>.