Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Paul F Fraser <pa...@a2zliving.com> on 2015/10/01 12:45:04 UTC

Indexing subsystem esa files

Hi,

David Bosschaert in his youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In5Wd4XsmsY has esa files
indexed so that required subsystems can be discovered and used during subsystem install.

Earlier discussion (jan 2015)  indicated that David got this to work by manually adding entries to
the index.xml file.

Also the spec allows subsystems to be included as content in parent subsystems.

Is the solution to this to include the child subsystem(s) in the parent esa and not expect
subsystems to be picked up from repositories?

Regards

Paul Fraser

Re: Indexing subsystem esa files

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Paul, yes that video was produced by EclipseCon Europe where I did a
talk about this subject :)
If I remember it well there were plans to enhance the bndtools
repoindex tool (
https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/blob/master/REPOINDEX.md ) to support
generation of metadata for subsystem archives. I'm not sure how far
that work has moved along, but I'll try to find out...

Cheers,

David

Posted by John Ross <jw...@gmail.com>.