Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by Kirk True <ki...@mustardgrain.com> on 2010/03/12 01:36:02 UTC

@TODO-XXX@ - do I need to replace them?

Hi all,

In the configuration files there are a bunch of @TODO-XXX@ values.
Should I be replacing them all or not? I've replaced a couple of them
but it seems that if I leave them as is that nothing breaks outright.

Thanks,
Kirk

Re: @TODO-XXX@ - do I need to replace them?

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.
There are 2 ways of doing this:

Method #1.

Copy default.properties to build.properties, and edit your properties in
build.properties, then build chukwa with: "ant rpm", config files are
generated with TODO macros replaced with your value.

Method #2.

Put your values into TODO macro in the template, and use the modified code
as a tarball.  This method requires you to repeat this procedure for every
release of Chukwa.  I recommend to use method #1.

Regards,
Eric