Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@apache.org> on 2020/01/06 17:05:53 UTC

[discuss] Apache NiFi 1.11.0

Team,

We've already seen a good stream of nice fixes, improvements, and some
minor features land on NIFi 1.11.0.  It is enough to my eyes to warrant
doing a release to pull these in plus it helps get back our release cadence
mojo.

I'll volunteer to RM this one as well as it almost makes me feel like a
software developer still.

Here are things already resolved for 1.11
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-6956?jql=project%20%3D%20NIFI%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.11.0

Here are things open but tagged to 1.11
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-6982?jql=project%20%3D%20NIFI%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22Patch%20Available%22)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.11.0

I'l start cleaning/moving as necessary.  Please advise if there are major
things not present that we need to consider.  But otherwise lets keep the
ball moving forward and get after more regular releases again.

Thanks
Joe

Re: [discuss] Apache NiFi 1.11.0

Posted by Shawn Weeks <sw...@weeksconsulting.us>.
I know there's still some stuff out on it but NIFI-6886 is broken in 1.10 and wasn't broken previously so it would be good to grab it if we can get all the issues resolved. If we don't hear back from the contributor I don't mind grabbing the pull request and adding Matt's fixes to it.

Thanks
Shawn

On 1/6/20, 1:01 PM, "Joe Witt" <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Rgr Mike - will grab if that comes through.  I'd like to start RM processes
    this week.

    Thanks
    joe

Re: [discuss] Apache NiFi 1.11.0

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [discuss] Apache NiFi 1.11.0

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [discuss] Apache NiFi 1.11.0

Posted by Bahlul Haider <ba...@gmail.com>.
I also had a PR open for couple of weeks that I would like to be included
in 1.11: NIFI-6942: Add a reporting task to push provenance data to azure
log analytics <https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3934>. The PR is adding
a new reporting task to push data provenance to Azure Log analytics. I have
tested the task on a 100 node cluster and did not find any issue. Once data
provenance is pushed to an external data store, nifi performance can be
improved by disabling writing data provenance on local disk (volatile
provenance).

It would be great if someone can take a look at my Pull Request
<https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3934>.

Thanks,
Bahlul

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 9:33 AM Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If anyone has time for a review, I added a PR to let PutDatabaseRecord
> write record fields as JSON/JSONB. PR is here:
> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3953
>
> Otherwise, let's go ahead and start planning for 1.11.
>
> On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 5:06 PM Joe Witt <jo...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Team,
> >
> > We've already seen a good stream of nice fixes, improvements, and some
> > minor features land on NIFi 1.11.0.  It is enough to my eyes to warrant
> > doing a release to pull these in plus it helps get back our release
> cadence
> > mojo.
> >
> > I'll volunteer to RM this one as well as it almost makes me feel like a
> > software developer still.
> >
> > Here are things already resolved for 1.11
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-6956?jql=project%20%3D%20NIFI%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.11.0
> >
> > Here are things open but tagged to 1.11
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-6982?jql=project%20%3D%20NIFI%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22Patch%20Available%22)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.11.0
> >
> > I'l start cleaning/moving as necessary.  Please advise if there are major
> > things not present that we need to consider.  But otherwise lets keep the
> > ball moving forward and get after more regular releases again.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Joe

Bahlul

Re: [discuss] Apache NiFi 1.11.0

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [discuss] Apache NiFi 1.11.0

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Restarting RC process now and will send note for 1.11 RC2 once ready.

Thanks
Joe

Re: [discuss] Apache NiFi 1.11.0

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.