Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Shan Gopalakrishnan <sg...@cisco.com> on 2000/11/05 06:59:45 UTC

about jetspeed.

Hi.

I'm seriously thinking of trying jetspeed. Want to know whether anyone has
used and has any major constraints.
Can anyone please send me the link which has information about how to
develop using jetspeed.  The apache
site  java.apache.org/jetspeed has very less documentation and doesnt have
much examples either.  Where
i can refer to the examples or the steps to develop a portlet and deploy it
and configure the layout. appreciate
if anyone can tell me. thanks  - Shan

Re: about jetspeed.

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
No lar..

The latest version, 1.3a2 still unstable enough...

Frans
Posted by Shan Gopalakrishnan <sg...@cisco.com>.
  Hi.

Re: about jetspeed.

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
Honestly,

The problem of open source project is in tips and trick, documentation and
integration issue between projects. or i am not smart enough to learn and
play around with open source project.

but i think most of non microsoft services got this problem also...haha...

Who interest to open Microsoft Press related business?? open like Orielly
??? may be Apache Press or something like that..

Frans

Posted by Shan Gopalakrishnan <sg...@cisco.com>.
Hugh

Thanks a lot. I followed your steps.  But I think my default psml  is
wrong.  I created the entry that you referred below in the portlets.xreg
file. but what is the entry I should add in the psml file.?.   I'm trying
the below entry and it didnt work.

       <entry type="ref" parent="CustomizerVelocity">
         <control
name="org.apache.jetspeed.portal.controls.ClearPortletControl"/>
       </entry>

Also for creating a new user.  Should i setup the mail server?

Re: about jetspeed.

Posted by Shan Gopalakrishnan <sg...@cisco.com>.
Thanks a lot Hugh.  I will try and ping you if I ran into any issues.
thanks once again.

Re: about jetspeed.

Re: about jetspeed.

Posted by Shan Gopalakrishnan <sg...@cisco.com>.

Re: about jetspeed.

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Re: about jetspeed.

Posted by Shan Gopalakrishnan <sg...@cisco.com>.
Chris,

Re: JSP and Customizer

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
Marco,
This is a know problem.  The work on the customizer is in VM. Once that
is complete,
the JSP implementation should follow.  PSML files created using the VM
customizer should work with the JSP layout.

Paul Spencer

JSP and Customizer

Re: about jetspeed.

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.