Posted to dev@milagro.apache.org by Kealan McCusker <ke...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/14 06:05:39 UTC

contribution guidelines and release

Hi All

I would like to start a discussion about our contribution guidelines and
how we release the code. I am not sure what is the Apache way, so if the
mentors could please give their opinion that would be great.

What about doing this;

# Contributions

1.  Check for open issues on GitHub or start a discussion around a feature
idea or a bug by sending a mail to dev@milagro.incubator.apache.org
2.  Fork the repository to start making your changes. Please use the
"development" branch as a basis.
3.  Write a test which shows that the bug was fixed or that the feature
works as expected.
4.  Send a pull request with a reference to the issue

# Release

1. Only the PPMC members can merge code from development into master
2. Tag the repo

I know that their are a lot of steps for a successful release but I am
concerned here with the code base.

By the way, at the moment I am not following this approach for the crypto
libs but that is only because master is not in a state that could be used
but I will switch to this very shortly.

Regards

Kealan

Re: contribution guidelines and release

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.
+1
1, Each release should be provided with coverage tests.
2. Each release should be provided with vulnerability automated analysis.
(sonar/coverity/etc).

--
Life is a chess game - Anonymous.