Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by gilbertoca <gi...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/20 13:00:54 UTC

OpenJPA and TomEE 7.0.1 - 2.1 spec

Hello everyone. I hope you're having a good day.

I'm TomEE 7 user, mainly of the amazing tomee-embedded-maven-plugin.
Following the Romain Manni-Bucau advice from this discussion about the setup
of Hibernate and Eclipselink setup [1], I would like to offer my help on
OpenJPA 2.1 development. Right now my requirement is converters for
javax.time and schema-generation.
I've never helped directly an open source project, just reporting issues and
fixing some docs. I think mentoring and guideline will be needed.
So, I want to help!

Regards,

Gilberto

https://twitter.com/Gilberto_gca
blog.gilbertoca.com

Re: OpenJPA and TomEE 7.0.1 - 2.1 spec

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
Hi Gilbert!

the JPA-2.1 Converters are definitely on our List and we would be glad if you would join us with the effort to implement this feature (and others).

I personally didn’t yet miss this feature because the JPA-2.1 Converters are a bit limited to be honest.
I’d rather use the OpenJPA ValueHandlers, because they also allow you a much more fine grained control over how it should look in the DataBase as well.

Our ASF colleague Reinhard did write a sample on GitHub.
We should probably use this to improve our documentation.

https://github.com/rsandtner/openjpa-converter/tree/master/src

Would be great if could tell us what you think about it!

txs LieGrue,
strub