Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Oluwalana Olasubomi <su...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/10 19:12:36 UTC

Integration testing.

Hi all,

My company (a MFI) just deployed fineract, and we're currently in the stage
of testing and verification, before moving all our banking operations onto
it. We, however have different needs from the typical MFI.

We are trying to build other products that internally talk to fineract and
utilize all the banking functionalities. A high level architecture will be
something like:

Mobile app ----> Web service (API) ------> Fineract.

My question is then, how best do you suggest we carry out integration
testing, such that we are sure our application is performing its operations
correctly, and the contract between API and Fineract is working properly.

We are performing operations like:
- Create Account
- Deposit Money
- Accrue Interest
- Withdrawals.
- Penalties & Charges

My thoughts are to do an acceptance level tests for each example case.
Where for each example case I drop the entire fineract dataset and recreate
it, to verify each exercise & assertion. This is obviously going to be
slow, but I believe getting it to work to start with and optimizing it
continously will yield the best results.

I'd like to know anyone who as done anything similar to this and how they
did achieved it.

Many thanks
Subomi

Re: Integration testing.

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Subomi,

Thanks for the additional info. So yes if you're using Fineract to manage
the customer account and maintain the balance of their respective savings
accounts, the Open Banking API Gateway will be the preferred means of
connecting a third party application instead of using the existing
self-service APIs.

As we crystallize the documentation, I will share updates with you.

Ed

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative