Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sailaja Mada <sa...@citrix.com> on 2013/08/14 08:43:29 UTC

[ACS42]Regarding Scaleup ( CPU/Memory )

Hi,

I am trying to scale up my VM memory from 512 MB to 1024 MB.

It does not allow me to update service offering saying "Only scaling up the vm is supported, new service offering should have both cpu and memory greater than the old values"

I wanted to increase only Memory and not CPU.   Why are we mandating to have both resources values to be higher ?  I tried from VMWARE , It does allow me to increase each resource separately.

I think it's a issue to be handled from Cloudstack. Please correct me If not.

Thanks,
Sailaja.M

RE: [ACS42]Regarding Scaleup ( CPU/Memory )

Posted by Sailaja Mada <sa...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

Verified the scenario again. We do support . I got misguided with the error message " new service offering should have both cpu and memory greater than the old values "

I had an offering to scale up memory and lesser value for CPU.

Thanks,
Sailaja.M

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <ha...@citrix.com>.
Created a ticket for tracking https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-4313