Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Elid OR <or...@fimasys.fr> on 2006/11/24 12:10:47 UTC

[m2] Maven Release Question

Hi all,

I would like to increment automatically  my project (without intervention) version when releasing with so I used the --batch-mode but my version is something like that "r1.X.X-SNAPSHOT" and I got the following error :

"Error parsing version, cannot determine next version: Unable to parse the version string: "r2.2006.2.27.16.2-SNAPSHOT"

It seems that the release plugin can't handle version that contains letter.

Any solutions ?

Thanks !

Elid

ps: I can't rename the version ! so it's not a solution :)

RE: [m2] Maven Release Question

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Elid,

I am not sure if there is a solution to your problem. Maven versioning uses
the following format ( see [1] ) by default:

    private static final Pattern STANDARD_PATTERN = Pattern.compile(
        "^((?:\\d+\\.)*\\d+)" +      // digit(s) and '.' repeated - followed
by digit (version digits 1.22.0, etc)
            "([-_])?" +                 // optional - or _  (annotation
separator)
            "([a-zA-Z]*)" +             // alpha characters (looking for
annotation - alpha, beta, RC, etc.)
            "([-_])?" +                 // optional - or _  (annotation
revision separator)
            "(\\d*)" +                  // digits  (any digits after rc or
beta is an annotation revision)
            "(?:([-_])?(.*?))?$" );      // - or _ followed everything else
(build specifier)

So i guess if you want your version to auto-increment, you'd have to modify
maven-release-plugin so that it will use your own Versioning info.

Cheers,
Franz

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/shared/trunk/maven-release-manager/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/shared/release/versions/DefaultVersionInfo.java