Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/20 14:47:58 UTC

classifiers versus dependencies

I have a zip file built with the assembly plugin. I list it as a
dependency in a project so that I can in turn include it in another
assembly.

I got a surprise. mvn dependency:tree shows that it has dependencies
-- all the dependencies of its parent.

This is particularly sideways since it was carefully shaded to avoid
dependencies.

I think that the solution to my problem is to use dependency:copy on
the artifactId and <fileSet> in the second assembly instead of a
dependencySet, but I thought I would note this for posterity.

Re: classifiers versus dependencies

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
if this zip file only contains other jar artifacts, then you can also use the
maven-shade-plugin and produce a reduced pom [1]

Btw, does the maven-shade-plugin already has an OSGi merging filter?

LieGrue,
strub

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/shade-mojo.html#createDependencyReducedPom