Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2002/03/19 17:48:20 UTC

Re: Holding on to request data

There's not an easy way, since we're confined to what HTTP/HTML can do.

The only way to pass information from a web page is through a GET or
POST request, which means you have to write it out in the page, either
in an URI or as an element in a form.

The Java Servlet framework provides the session context to keep
information on the server instead, and cookies can be used to keep the
same sort of informatoin in the client's browser. But that's the end of
the road.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services