Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anders Sveen <an...@f12.no> on 2005/05/12 09:45:19 UTC

Validation and multiple languages

Hi,

I'm using validation with one locale and everything works fine. Then I
decided to add another locale for Icelandic, and do the following:

<formset language="is">
</formset>

This gives me an empty formset and no validation is turned on. So I move
on to try to add a form for validation:

<formset language="is">
    <form name="form_card_new_DriverCardApplication">
    </form>
</formset>

Notice the absence of validation rules. The form name exists in the other
formset that is already working but should not be chosen for icelandic.
When I inspect the stuff loaded into memory I see that I have a formset
for Icelandic with a form, but the form contains all the fields of the non
icelandic formset?! Is there some inheritance thing going on here that I
am not aware of?

What also happens if I add one field to this formset it gets added to all
the other "inherited" fields, and thus get duplicate error messages. It
also makes me unable to override rules made in the original formset.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Anders,