Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/05 14:24:19 UTC

Re: idle timeout javascript when page has a modal window or tinymce editor

Search the list: this has been asked and answered before.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM, fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using jquery plugin to detect idle time or inactivity and signout the
> user , the plugin I use works fine, but the problem is with iframes, I have
> lot of modal windows and tinymce editor in my pages and when user   is
> either   typing in  tinymce editor or clicking   on a modal window whihc
> uses pages  then the timer is not  reset  and  even tough user is
> p[erforming activity this plugin does not detect and times out, please
> advice   how to handle timeout when I have tinymce editor orwicket modal
> window.

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro
Antilia Soft
http://antiliasoft.com/ <http://antiliasoft.com/antilia>

Re: idle timeout javascript when page has a modal window or tinymce editor

Posted by Hans Lesmeister 2 <ha...@lessy-software.de>.
fachhoch wrote
> Again if user clicks on the browser (not any link or button )  if he   if
> scrolling up and down this cannot be detected  by server  so what is the
> best solution for detecting idletimeout ?

Maybe put an event handler on document's onclick and onscroll. Let the
handler ping the server.

-----
Hans

http://cantaa.de

Re: idle timeout javascript when page has a modal window or tinymce editor

Posted by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure if this
(http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.wicket.user/107784)  or
javascript timer will help me ,
as its possible user might open  more than one tab of  , and timer runs in
each tab ,which  will invalidate session  if one tab is idle. I want to
avoid this , is it possible to detect idle time from sessionListner or
something ?
I will  use cometd and send out a message which will warn  all tabs  ur
session is going to expire .
any ideas If this can be done ?

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Here