Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/07 13:43:01 UTC

[HEADS-UP] Removing Artemis-tools from Artemis/main branch

This is a heads up as I am strongly opinionated about this (Meaning it
seems obvious to me) :) (However if you have a strong opinion against
it.. I'm open to hear it :) )

Artemis-tools was created to migrate addresses and queues from an
artemis 1.x into an artemis 2.x. It was done back in 2016 by Martyn
Taylor.. and it's defunct at this point anyways.

I am going to remove it from the main branch and future releases.

Users can still use *any* older version of the tool if it has any use.

The issue I have with that is that there's a duplicate of
artemis-server.xsd and artemis-configuration.xsd, and IDEs keep
getting that version instead.. what makes it quite annoying.

Instead of fixing it and having a single version, since the module is
defunct anyways, I am going to remove it.

If you're against the change, please let me know (with a strong
argument if you have an against opinion ;) ).

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] Removing Artemis-tools from Artemis/main branch

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
could anyone to take a look on the builds for ActiveMQ 5.x on
builds.apache.org? I'm not sure what to change there, if there is
anything to change?

I already see a build for main on jenkins.. so it seems the branch
thing from jenkins worked.. but if someone could take a look please?

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Branches have been renamed...

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.