Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Nik <ni...@usharesoft.com> on 2014/06/19 12:33:27 UTC

Question(s) about reconciliation and passwords in the 1.1.X branch.

Hi IDMers,

I have been working on a update/upgrade mechanism to get to our embedded
syncope component to 1.1.7 from 1.1.2.

There is one problem I keep on hitting. When I've upgraded to 1.1.7 and
run ldap resource reconciliation (this issue actually exists in all
1.1.x versions) from my ldap (opendj) resource to syncope, all syncope
stored passwords change in my mysql syncope db but I don't get access
(accept for admin whose password is not stored in ldap but in a
properties file) when I login via the syncope-console, I'm assuming I'm
hitting bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-313. Can you
please confirm my suspicion is correct?

If this can be confirmed can I ask why this fix is only available in
1.2.0 and not the 1.1.x when I cannot upgrade to 1.2.0 (which is not
even an official release yet)?

Is it possible to backport the fix to the official release 1.1.7 in the
1.1.X branch or is there a work around (even manual) that will allow me
to get my crypted ldap passwords (which remain working) to a persistence
store (mysql) password for a 1.1.7 syncope?

Best Regards,
Nik