Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Joe D. Williams" <jo...@mindspring.com> on 2004/03/11 16:02:14 UTC

WebDAV samples sitemap question

I have been testing the WebDAV samples, and gotten some good results, but
would like to fully understand the sitemap before I go any further.

What is the meaning of the pattern: "[\w]*.meta"

It occurs in several matchers. For example:

<map:match pattern="repo/">
    <map:generate type="traverse" src="{global:staging}repo/">
        <map:parameter name="exclude" value="[\w]*.meta"/>
    </map:generate>
</map:match>

OK. I understand that we are generating a document using the
TraversableDirectoryGenerator to read the repo directory.

But I have never encountered the use of square brackets or a backslash in
any XML code before, so am having trouble wrapping my mind around this
pattern.

I infer that we are excluding the *.meta files that are created, but do not
grok the [\w]....

Clues or pointers to documentation containing same would be appreciated.