Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jo...@keane.com on 2000/08/17 00:05:25 UTC

Weird error

I'm using ant to build a package of java classes. It gives me the message
that the build was successful. However, when I run the application using
Sun's javawebserver2.0, I get the message (from the first servlet hit, the
LogonServlet) that there was a ClassFormatException due to a bad major
version number.

Any clues as to what this might mean?

Joe Polanik

RE: ant / perforce integration?..

Posted by james terry <ja...@livemedia.com>.

Re: ant / perforce integration?..

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@mad.scientist.com>.
At 04:25  16/8/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any pointers on how best to integrate ant &
>perforce?

Unless there is a java interface the best way is to create a new task
(perforce) that then delegates to an underlying exec task. Have a look at
SignJar and perhaps the cvs tasks to see examples.

Cheers,

Pete

ant / perforce integration?..

Posted by james terry <ja...@livemedia.com>.

Re: Weird error

Posted by Vitaly Stulsky <vi...@yahoo.com>.
It depends on which compiler do you use.
If you use javac check path to tools.jar in the CLASSPATH.
Probably you have several JDK installed and use compiler
from one and environment from second. Definitely it
isn't ANT error, cause ANT executes compiler from tools.jar.

Vitaly