Posted to users@maven.apache.org by br...@commcity.ch on 2013/11/06 09:23:29 UTC

Re: Imports of required classes have classname only without package path within the class compiled by maven

Hi,
this is much better.

Based on my actual knowledge, yes I believe it must have a relation with
the Juno Version of eclipse, but I don't know how and why.

The differences between the two flavors of project are minimal and due to
the differences of App-Server and Databases used. If Java would have
conditional compilation the differences could be handled much easier by
this. For instance the server and jsf-implementation  related differences
requires to have two web.xml files, checked out from separated branches of
svn. Or the login / logout methods within one class differs slightly due
to the different implementations of the servers, etc.  I hardly believe
those differences being the cause of the troubles.

Fact is: The outcome of the maven compilation is the same for both cases.
Either started from the command line or started within the juno IDE.

I'm actually checking out the project into an entirely  new kepler SP1
workplace, from where I'll try a build from the command line. I'll tell
you the outcome.

I'll try this before I installing m2e-wtp. Hence, I'll just use subclipse
to checkout the project from the svn server. I choose this approach,
instead of svn tortoise for instance, to be able to analyze what will
happen after installation of the m2e-wtp-Plugin.

Unfortunately the WAS-Plugin is still not available for Kepler, which
means I must still stick to juno if I want debug the code for WebSphere.

From:   Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>
To:     Maven Users List <us...@maven.apache.org>
Date:   05.11.2013 07:47
Subject:        Re: Imports of required classes have classname only
without package path within the class compiled by maven @Wayne Fay

> Sorry this answer is not helpful.

If you are ever unsatisfied with the advice that you receive from this
list, you are immediately entitled to a FULL REFUND. Calling people
out is more likely to get you added to their ban/ignore list than
anything else. Would you simply prefer that your emails are ignored if
no one can provide an immediate and concise answer to your problems?

> m2e tells me, it's not their problem, it's maven and you tell me the
> opposite!

I said that you would need to talk to the m2e people about m2e
problems and that this list could help you with command-line Maven
only. That was and still is true.

> I think it's neither IBM, because changing the Glassfish project to use
> the IBM J9 VM instead of oracle jdk 1.6.0_45 compiles to correct
classes,
> as with the oracle jdk!
> In opposition compiling within the WebSphere project on the command line
> with:
> mvn -X clean package -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Pdefault-profile
> doesn't show any Error and the classes are defective independent of the
> JAVA_HOME setting, either IBM J9 VM or the oracle jdk!

It sounds to me like the one constant in all your failures is your
WebSphere project itself. You said the following:
"glassfish project" + ibm j9 vm = works
"glassfish project" + oracle jdk 1.6.0_45 = works
"websphere project" + any jvm = fails

If this is true, it seems like you will need to provide a lot more
information (and maybe even a small sample project) about the
Websphere project you are attempting to build.

> ${version.maven-compiler-plugin}</version>
> ${version.java.jdk}</source>
> "${env.WAS8_HOME}/java/bin/javac.exe"</executable>

Replace all those ${...} with hardcoded values for testing. Once it is
working properly, you can go back and use the variables instead.

> The environment variable has been verified and is correct. Confirmed by
> the logged output:
>
> [DEBUG] properties used {env.INTEL64_HOME=C:\Program Files\Intel,

This is not especially useful. Far more useful is to look at the
compiler plugin output lines (emitted with -X) that show you the exact
command that was used when calling your compiler. I said this in my
first reply to you:

>> Maven (command line) simply calls out to the JDK installed on your
>> system. You can use "mvn -X" to see the actual command that Maven uses
>> to call javac. If you are experiencing problems with the output of

By looking at & copy/pasting the output, you can do your own
compilation of classes etc in the various modules and swap out the
JDK/javac being used and all manner of things. If you did this, you
would probably find the one thing which consistently breaks your
builds which would clue you into the root cause of your current
troubles.

> But the compiled classes are not usable at all. Of course, it's a
> multi-module project, which may be the origin of the problem. I can only
> say, it works with the glassfish configuration, but it don't with the
> WebSphere configuration! It' worked for a while with WAS too but then it
> stopped to work for an unknown reason.

What things are different between "the glassfish configuration" and
"the websphere configuration"? Can you enumerate that list? Bear in
mind this list has no particular expertise on Glassfish nor on
Websphere, so we might tell you (gasp) to go ask for product-specific
help from one of those communities.

> I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, hence I need a little
> help to resolve the issue. Being sent from one to the next is not
exactly
> the expected kind of help.

Perhaps you need to adjust your "expectations" entirely. No one here
is getting paid to help you. We are all volunteers. Feel free to reply
more & we're happy to help but seriously, lose the attitude.

Wayne

Re: Imports of required classes have classname only without package path within the class compiled by maven

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
They should work with WAS 8.5.5.x.

Here's the IBM site with the links:
https://www.ibmdw.net/wasdev/downloads/websphere-application-server-developer-tools-v8-5-5/

/Anders

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM, <br...@commcity.ch> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > What things are different between "the glassfish configuration" and
> > "the websphere configuration"? Can you enumerate that list? Bear in
> > mind this list has no particular expertise on Glassfish nor on
> > Websphere, so we might tell you (gasp) to go ask for product-specific
> > help from one of those communities.
> >

> > > I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, hence I need a little
> > > help to resolve the issue. Being sent from one to the next is not
> > exactly
> > > the expected kind of help.
> >
> > Perhaps you need to adjust your "expectations" entirely. No one here
> > is getting paid to help you. We are all volunteers. Feel free to reply
> > more & we're happy to help but seriously, lose the attitude.
> >
> > Wayne

Re: Imports of required classes have classname only without package path within the class compiled by maven

Posted by br...@commcity.ch.
As announced, here a little summary about the experiences with the
WebeSphere developer tools for eclipse 4.

Positive:
It works! Eclipse generates a valid build, as well as does maven! and even
debugging is possible.

Negative:
The marketplace seems to have a problem. At least I was unable to install
those WAS-plugins from the marketplace. It required to download the zip
and install the app from the local zip. Trying to search for updates
neither works. Apparently the url does not point to a site from which
updates could be downloaded or versions verified.

I had some trouble with xml files validation during an eternity. On
pointing to local schema.xsd or disabling validation the problem could be
solved so far.
I observed helper files from the build being copied into the war and jar
files. I.e. org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.javac.JavacCompiler*arguments and
javac.bat.
This is new and should not be the case, though these files don’t hurt!
Question:
With this new installation I got 2 new Warnings for which I have not found
the way to eliminate them:
The Maven standard project settings are not set for the workspace.
The target runtime server dependencies should be declared in the POM file.
Any hint is welcome.

From:   Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>
To:     Maven Users List <us...@maven.apache.org>
Date:   06.11.2013 15:17