Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by shahira samra <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/27 09:20:59 UTC

help create template with multiple editable areas

hi all
i am new to using lenya. I have made a new publication based on the default publication and i am trying to have templates with multiple editable areas. can anyone help me with that?
thanks in advance

---------------------------------

Re: help create template with multiple editable areas

Posted by shahira samra <sh...@yahoo.com>.
I found the blog publication but its not anything like we want to do. Right now using the bxe_xpath attribute i was able to make 2 divisions editable independently but still the whole body also appears and the 2 divisions appear twice; once for editing and once in the body. This is one problem. Another problem I have now is that I thought I make different document types each representing a template. I followed the documentation; creating the sample xml and then generating the rng (I used Instancetoshema to do that) and editing the doctypes.xconf and parameter-doctype.xmap but the body doesn't appear and the bxe gives the error: head cannot be child of html, body cannot be child of html

could you help me with that?

thank you
Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> wrote:
shahira samra wrote:

> sorry but I don't know where to get the blog publication.

it's part of the Lenya distribution. Which version are you actually
using?

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona - Open Source Content Management - Apache Lenya

---------------------------------

Re: help create template with multiple editable areas

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Posted by shahira samra <sh...@yahoo.com>.
in my search i realized that "bxe_xpath"  is used to define editable areas. I tried to add another element to xhtml.rng and some text inside it in the xhtml.xml and then in the xhtml2xhtml.xsl I added a bxe_xpath but whatever I do bitflux editor generates the error: node was not found in the XML document.,
could you help me with that?
thank you

shahira samra wrote:

> yes, i am trying to do something like that.

you might want to take a look at the blog publication, where one
can edit the sidebar as an example.

HTH

Michi

> thank you
>
> */Michael Wechner /* wrote:
>
> shahira samra wrote:
>
> > hi all
> > i am new to using lenya. I have made a new publication based on the
> > default publication and i am trying to have templates with multiple
> > editable areas.
>

> you mean that for instance a "right column" can be edited
> independently from
> the "body column"?
>
> Michi
>
> > can anyone help me with that?
> > thanks in advance

> Michael Wechner
> Wyona - Open Source Content Management - Apache Lenya
> http://www.wyona.com http://lenya.apache.org
> michael.wechner@wyona.com michi@apache.org

Michael Wechner
Wyona - Open Source Content Management - Apache Lenya
http://www.wyona.com http://lenya.apache.org
michael.wechner@w yona.com michi@apache.org

---------------------------------

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile

Re: help create template with multiple editable areas

Posted by shahira samra <sh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

--
Michael Wechner

Re: help create template with multiple editable areas

Posted by shahira samra <sh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.