Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/21 23:56:08 UTC

Web site fixes/corrections

All,

I have made fixes to the website inclusive of items such as correcting
broken links, typos, and the like and have never created issues for these
fixes as I viewed them to be minor changes.

I was curious if this practice seemed acceptable or if the community
preferred an issue for each such change.

Thanks!

Re: Web site fixes/corrections

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
All,

Created a ticket [1] to do this, made the change, and provided the patch.
This process felt to be a bit much and was later echoed by Joe Witt.  We
had a bit of a conversation on the ticket about the correct course of
action, and wanted to see what folks found to be the best path forward.

Personally, I am not a fan of tickets that can never be officially closed,
which makes a single catch-all ticket suboptimal from my perspective.

What do people wish to see?  An issue per item? An issue that is left open
and is the issue referenced for minor web site updates, with separate
issues for larger changes such as themes and addition/removal of pages?
Should minor changes get an associated issue for traceability but just
bypass the whole review process?

Last email about website issue tracking from me.  Promise! ;)

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brandon DeVries <br...@jhu.edu>.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.