Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Baard Johansen <ba...@cronus.no> on 2005/12/09 09:31:26 UTC

[m2] How du I use the latest versions of plugins?

Hi,
I installed the binary Maven 2.0 distribution, and was hoping that the
latest version of plugins were to be used. This appears not to be so. For
instance, for the maven-site-plugin my Maven use the 2.0-beta-2 version,
instead of the latest 2.0-beta-4.

How can I tell my maven installation (or the current project) to deploy the
site using 2.0-beta-4?

I run a corporate-wide maven-proxy, but I don't think that should cause
this trouble.

Baard Johansen
Cronus Engineering AS <http://www.cronus.no>

Re: [m2] How du I use the latest versions of plugins?

Posted by Henry Isidro <hi...@exist.com>.
Baard Johansen wrote:

>Hi,
>I installed the binary Maven 2.0 distribution, and was hoping that the
>latest version of plugins were to be used. This appears not to be so. For
>instance, for the maven-site-plugin my Maven use the 2.0-beta-2 version,
>instead of the latest 2.0-beta-4.
>
>How can I tell my maven installation (or the current project) to deploy the
>site using 2.0-beta-4?
>
>I run a corporate-wide maven-proxy, but I don't think that should cause
>this trouble.
>
>Thanks,
>
>--
>Baard Johansen
>Cronus Engineering AS <http://www.cronus.no>

Hi Baard,

Try placing this in your pom:

<plugins>
    <plugin>
       <version>2.0-beta-4</version>
    </plugin>
</plugins>

Hope this helps,

Henry

Re: [m2] How du I use the latest versions of plugins?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
you need to use -U parameter for update plugin

mvn -U site

Emmanuel