Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by arun k <ar...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/20 10:52:07 UTC

Building modified capacity scheduler and seeing console ouputs.

Hi !

I have set up hadoop as per
http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-single-node-cluster/
I am able to run jobs with capacity scheduler.
I am interested in extending the capacity scheduler. So first i wanted to
see whether i can build it after making changes.
i have tried this :
>modified mapre-site.xml and capcity-sche.xml accordingly.
> Put some println statements in CapacityTaskScheduler.java
>In src/contrib/capacity_scheduler$ ant
  BUILD was successful.
 >Copied the hadoop-capacity-*-jar in build/contrib to lib/
 >ran some job with capacity scheduler by submitting to a queue

  But i don't see any console output and i couldn't find print statements in
any logs too.

 How do i go about it ?

Thanks,
Arun