Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jess Wagner <jw...@softroots.com> on 2001/10/03 00:00:15 UTC

Question about Soap Ready doc

I need to send an XML string in a SOAP message.  I have an example of a "SOAP ready" XML doc (expression SOAP ready taken from Java & XML O'Reilly book) which looks like:
    <s:Envelope xmlns="http://url">
        <s:Body>
            <xmlString>
        </s:Body>
    <s:Envelope>

Apparently the Envelope and Body elements make this SOAP ready.  Does this imply that these two elements must be added to my xml string by using SOAP APIs, DOM or concatination before a statement similar to (below) is made?
Envelope msgEnvelope = Envelope.unmarshall(doc.getDocumentElement());

thanks, J