Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Fabian Lange <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/24 10:20:42 UTC

Problem deploying 4.2.3 custom distribution

Hi,

did anyone come across this problem when deploying a 4.2.3 custom distribution?

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.8.2:deploy
(default-deploy) on project karaf-assembly: Execution default-deploy
of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.8.2:deploy
failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.8.2:deploy:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http.AbstractHttpClientWagon.getBufferCapacityForTransfer(J)I

I have the feeling that there is a new dependency from pax-url / karaf
maven plugin interfering with mvn-deploy?

I will dig into this and report findings, if somebody has seen and
solved this let me know. Thx

Fabian

Re: Problem deploying 4.2.3 custom distribution

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

yeah, actually, our plugin is more up to date than some others ;)

It's not a big deal though as we can always set plugins deps.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Problem deploying 4.2.3 custom distribution

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Good morning

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Fabian Lange <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Fabian,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Problem deploying 4.2.3 custom distribution

Posted by Fabian Lange <la...@gmail.com>.
Not required from my side. Now that this has been documented here and
can be found with your favourite search engine, I am fine with keeping
it like it is.
Fabian

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1 ;)

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

wt., 26 lut 2019 o 06:59 Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Sounds good for me ;)

Posted by Eric Lilja <mi...@gmail.com>.
That's awesome news, thanks JB! Can't wait for 4.2.4 to appear!

- Eric L

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, it's what I said, I'm preparing the Felix ConfigAdmin release.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Problem deploying 4.2.3 custom distribution

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Eric,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Problem deploying 4.2.3 custom distribution

Posted by Eric Lilja <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Problem deploying 4.2.3 custom distribution

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Eric Lilja <mi...@gmail.com>.
That's great news! Exciting! Thanks JB! :-)

- Eric L

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Problem deploying 4.2.3 custom distribution

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Also, if felix.configadmin with
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-6066 fixed could be used, it'd
be perfect! :)