Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2007/01/26 22:26:52 UTC

translated documents - are starting to deviate

Hi,

I noticed in re DERBY-2214 that at least one of the Brazilian doc
pages has not kept up with current changes to the English - at least
on trunk.

I am wondering how we should handle this.

Any thoughts?

Myrna

Re: translated documents - are starting to deviate

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 1/26/07, Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe a default value, that can be overwritten by each document if
> applicable? Not sure if that is possible/feasible.
>
> Also, maybe we could/should exclude those not-completely current books
> from a new release branch? So they don't end up in any releases?
>
> Myrna

I agree that we should figure out a way to exclude any books that are
not current from new releases, and from being listed in 10.2 on the
Derby documentation Web page if they are really 10.1.  I would expect
that the translated books will often be lagging behind the English
books, since there are not as many people who contribute to the
translated books.  And I think that we owe it to the people who use
Derby to keep track of what is current and what is not.

--
Laura Stewart

Re: translated documents - are starting to deviate

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.