Posted to dev@hop.apache.org by Israel Herraiz <ih...@google.com.INVALID> on 2022/06/22 16:51:17 UTC

Release 2.0 with cherry picked contributions?

Hi,

TL;DR: I am working on a blog post on using the Hop web container with
Cloud Dataflow, and having a "2.0.1" release of the Docker container would
help with that post.

Using the 2.0 Docker container of Hop web I found a couple of small issues
that prevented me from being able to use Cloud Dataflow with that container
image (HOP-3976 <https://github.com/apache/hop/pull/1523>, HOP-3977
<https://github.com/apache/hop/pull/1524>).

If I try with the 2.1-SNAPSHOT container, I have other problems (the main
UI does not load), and I cannot use Hop with Cloud Dataflow either.

I cherry-picked the commits of those pull requests linked above, applied
them on top of the release2.0.0 branch
<https://github.com/apache/hop/tree/release2.0.0>, and produced a custom
container, and it works fine. But I think that asking the blog post readers
to do a custom container will be too much (I want to focus on how easy is
to use Hop from a web browser :).

Would it be possible to have a "2.0.1" container released with those
commits so I can link it as the image to be used with my blog post?

Thanks.

Israel

Re: Release 2.0 with cherry picked contributions?

Posted by Israel Herraiz <ih...@google.com.INVALID>.
Thank you again!

Posted by Hans Van Akelyen <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Israel,