Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Liu Ted <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/07/26 15:52:49 UTC

回复:Re: Seeking contributors for new "Success at Apache" blog series

Great. I'm relieved :-)
Ted

发自 Android 版 Yahoo 邮箱

  2018 年 7 月 26 日周四 23:29,Sally Khudairi<sk...@apache.org> 写道:
#yiv4145913957 p.yiv4145913957MsoNormal, #yiv4145913957 p.yiv4145913957MsoNoSpacing{margin:0;}I have it! I can see the content. Screenshot attached :-)

Thank you again, Ted, for your help with this.

Kind regards,
Sally
- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656
Skype sallykhudairi

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018, at 11:16, Liu Ted wrote:

For some reasons, my Yahoo mail editor doesn't show the hyperlinks and the email layout is messy. Not sure whether you can see my writing correctly.

Best regards,

Ted Liu

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎July‎ ‎26‎, ‎2018‎ ‎11‎:‎03‎:‎38‎ ‎PM‎ ‎CST, Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org> wrote:

That's great, Ted! Let me see if we can get these promoted.

Many thanks for your efforts 😁

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656
Skype sallykhudairi

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018, at 10:48, Liu Ted wrote:

Hi Sally,

As communicated earlier, we have translated a few "Success at Apache" blogs and other ASF related topics in Chinese, listed below. If anyone is interested in reading, re-posting them, or else, please feel free do to do so.

Success at Apache series:
08) Meritocracy, by Kevin A. McGrail, VP of ASF Fundraising, translation by David Zhenwei DONG
09) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation, by Luke Han, VP of Apache Kylin PMC, translation by David Zhenwei DONG
10) Scratch your own itch, by Ignasi Barrera, a member of the Apache jclouds PMC, translation by Ted LIU
13) Contributing to Open Source even with a high-pressure job, by Anthony Shaw, contributor to over 20 open-source projects including Apache Libcloud and SaltStack, translation by Ted LIU
14) Open Innovation from a Non-native English Country, by Von Gosling, Apache RocketMQ co-founder, translation by Ted LIU
12) A Newbie's Narrative, by Kuhu Shukla, Apache Tez Committer and contribute to YARN and HDFS, translation by Ted LIU (to be published soon)
...and more to come!

Also there are a few featured ASF-related articles and events (in Chinese) we've done for your references.
- Growing pains & gains of an open source rookie, written by Yangyong ZHENG, Apache ServiceComb (incubating) Committer
- How ASF works? translation by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE
- 2017 ASF Annual Report, summarized by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE
- How open is the Apache Software Foundation? written by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE
- Incubation to TLP - the journey of Apache CarbonData, written by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE
- Incubation to TLP - the journey of Apache Kylin, written by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE

- The tales of Apache projects - COSCon'17 featured stories (CarbonData, Griffin, Kylin, RocketMQ, Weex), written by KuoSi, chief editor of KAIYUANSHE - Featured event: Apache Flink China Community Meetup·Beijing
- Featured event: Apache RocketMQ Online Meetup
There are many not listed above and more to come...
Best regards,

Ted Liu,
ASF Member

On ‎Monday‎, ‎April‎ ‎2‎, ‎2018‎ ‎10‎:‎45‎:‎30‎ ‎PM‎ ‎CST, Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org> wrote:

OK great; thank you, Ted :-)

Warm regards,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656
Skype sallykhudairi

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018, at 10:38, Liu Ted wrote:

Hi Sally,  Thank you for the prompt reply. It's OK to use individual author name instead. One will be translated by David Dong,  another one by myself. I'll update you when the translations are done.

Ted Liu

2018 年 4 月 2 日周一 21:52,Sally Khudairi
<sk...@apache.org> 写道:
Thanks so much, Ted.

We will be happy to add links to the translated versions of the blog posts. However, as the ASF is vendor-neutral, and contributions to Apache initiatives are made by individuals, we are unable to promote KAIYUANSHE in these translations.

If that is OK with you, I'll be happy to add you to the production schedule.

Warm regards,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656
Skype sallykhudairi

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018, at 01:15, Liu Ted wrote:

Hi Sally,  I and KAIYUANSHE (1), will start translating some ASF blogs, esp. Success at Apache series, starting from Luke Han's “Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation” and Von Gosling's "Open Innovation from a Non-native English Country" and publicize them in KAIYUANSHE's social channels.

There are around 10 TLP or incubating ASF projects originated from China now. We will try our best to help more success stories out in the future.

Best regards,

Ted Liu

(1) KAIYUANSHE, a ground-up open source alliance, focusing on open source governance, global outreach & bridging and community building & collaboration, in China. We held the 2015 Apache Roadshow in China,  2016 and 2017 China Open Source Conference where ASF Way and ASF projects and technologies were heavily promoted.

2018 年 4 月 2 日周一 9:36,Sally Khudairi
<sk...@apache.org> 写道:
Following up on this... we have spots open over the next several months. Please contact me directly if you are interested in participating.

To familiarize yourselves with the series, here's what we have published this far https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache

This blog series is amongst my favorite projects at the ASF --I love learning your personal stories about how you've become involved with the Apache community and the many projects that you are involved with :-)

Again, if you're feeling shy about this, no need to be. We're all family; no judgement...each individual's experience is unique and valued.

Thanks so much,
Sally

- - -

Re: 回复:Re: Seeking contributors for new "Success at Apache" blog series

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Good news that the ASF's spirit is spreading in China  :)

Jacques

Re: 回复:Re: 回复:Re: Seeking contributors for new "Success at Apache" blog series

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
It's a pleasure working with you. Thank you!

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
Vice President Sponsor Relations
The Apache Software Foundation