Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by James Barney <ja...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/18 15:08:48 UTC

Using DockerOperator to connect to private ECR

Hi all,
I'm trying to get DockerOperator to pull images from our private ECR
repository in AWS. I've seen the following issue on DockerOperator to pull
private images https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-71

Since AWS doesn't use username/passwords to allow login to ECR
repositories, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I've configured the login-helper from AWS-Labs
https://github.com/awslabs/amazon-ecr-credential-helper on an instance with
the appropriate role to pull from ECR. When the job executes however, I get
the following error:

Internal Server Error ("b'Get
https://###########.dkr.ecr.region/v2/repository-url/manifests/latest:
no basic auth credentials'")

I'm either missing something simple or is it possible to configure a Docker
Connection in the Admin pane to execute the amazon-ecr-credential-helper
binary to let these jobs login as needed?

Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Thanks,
James