Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> on 2011/08/26 01:13:42 UTC

Are OpenCMIS sessions threadsafe?

Related to the previous question about session expiry, I have an additional
question.  Are sessions safe to use from multiple threads accessing the same
repository?

Craig McClanahan

Re: Questions about the TCK in the CMIS Workbench

Posted by Florian Müller <fl...@alfresco.com>.
Hi Achim,

Re 1) The error message "Operation not supported by the repository for this object!" is generated by the client library (AtomPub only).
It means that the server has not provided an AtomPub link for the operation you want to execute. It does not depend on the allowable actions.

In your case, the test creates a document with content but your server doesn't return a "Content" tag which makes it impossible for the client to retrieve the content.
(Make sure that the ObjectInfo.hasContent flags on the server is set to true if the document has content.)

Re 2) cmis:isVersionSeriesCheckedOut is a boolean and has to be either true or false. The spec says "Repository MUST return this property with non-empty value...".
If the type is not versionable the repository can pick a value. False would be logical...

Mh, actually that should be a FAILURE, not a WARNING.

Florian

Re: Are OpenCMIS sessions threadsafe?

Posted by Florian Müller <fl...@alfresco.com>.
Yes, OpenCMIS sessions are thread-safe.