Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by longsonr <lo...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/27 17:27:45 UTC

beeline and spark-defaults.conf

I'd like to be able to pass a java define to beeline (to configure jline). I
tried setting

spark.driver.extraJavaOptions

in my spark-defaults.conf file, however beeline does not seem to read this
file, it picks up settings from the SPARK_JAVA_OPTS environment variable
instead.

If I changed the SparkClassCommandBuilder.java to read from
spark-defaults.conf (as well as the environment variable), would that be a
reasonable thing to do?

I'm happy to provide a patch or a merge request if I'm doing something
reasonable here.

Best regards

Robert

patch.txt