Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/25 21:55:18 UTC

How to add Property to an XSDHelper-defined Type

Greetings,

I have a Type that was created using XSDHelper.define(). Now I would like to dynamically add an add'l Property to this Type. This does not appear to be supported. Can you suggest any workarounds?

- Ron

Re: How to add Property to an XSDHelper-defined Type

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
If you create your HelperContext using SDOUtil.createHelperContext(true),
XSDHelper.define() will then let you add new types to an existing
namespace and also to replace an existing type with a new version (Note:
this is a "use at your own risk" feature).

So, you could add a new property by calling XSDHelper.define() again
passing in a new version of the XSD type that includes the new
element/attribute.

Maybe we should consider makingTypeHelper.define() also allow you to
modify existing types if the HelperContext has extensibleNamespaces ==
true?

Frank.

Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com>
07/25/2007 03:55 PM