Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1997/02/27 04:36:57 UTC

Re: several messages

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > Copied to new-httpd since few people are svbscribed to the bugs list yet.
> > As Brian posted, changes to reports will now be sent to the bugs list in
> > addition to new reports.  So I would recommend you start following it.
> >
> > If you wish to add a comment to a PR via mail, keep the subject line the
> > same as the message GNATS sent (some variation is ok, eg. "Re: ") and
> > reply to apbugs@apache.org.  That reply will automatically be noted in the
> > PR's audit trail (but NOT sent to the original submitter, so cc them if
> > you want them to get it...)  and sent to the list (so take out the
> > apache-bugdb cc).
>
> Hmm, I could add apbugs to the apache-bugdb list...

If you want an infinite mail loop, sure.  <g>  (ok, ok... it may be smart
enough to avoid it, but I wouldn't bet on it...)

I think it is a good idea to allow following up to the bugs list (which is
still archived, right?) without adding to the audit trail.  Remember, the
audit trail is public.  <g> Can't say "darn moron" there.  Well, ok, we
can but it doesn't look good.  I think that apache-bugdb is appropriate
for some of the bugs discussion that now goes on on new-httpd, but how
much of it moves remains to be seen.  Moving discussion on reported bugs
to apache-bugdb adds another list for people to read but, OTOH, if they
want it all in one folder that's easy enough to do.

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > I think so, but note that it will not mail changes for reports already in
> > the database
>
> perl -pi.bak, baby!  :)

Don't know if the index file is automatically rebuilt, but if not now may
be a good time since it also includes the owner...