Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/28 14:46:13 UTC

Doing a few 6.0.0 early access releases?

L.S.,

With a release plan for the next few 5.x releases in the works, the
only   remaining question would be about the ServiceMix 6.0.0 release.

That release represents a major change for most of our users, with the
Karaf 3 upgrade. Perhaps we should start with one or two (unstable)
milestone releases (e.g based on the latest Karaf 3.0.1) to get our
users (and ourselves) familiarized with the technology before calling
it the official 6.0.0? Something like 6.0.0.RC1 or 6.0.0.EA1 perhaps?

Even though there are known issues with it, just having a milestone
out might encourage more people to play with it and give us more
feedback to work with. Also, it would give us something to start
working with for updating the documentation for that release.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen

Re: Doing a few 6.0.0 early access releases?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Krzysztof,

Yes, it probably makes sense to go back to the latest 3.0.x release
and get a ServiceMix release out with that change and then go back to
the latest SNAPSHOT again afterwards.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.