Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Edvin Syse <ed...@sysedata.no> on 2008/07/23 10:16:36 UTC

Could AbstractTab#isVisible() be backported to 1.3-branch?

Hi,

I see that AbstractTab has gotten an isVisible() method in the
1.4-branch, would it be possible to backport this to 1.3? I can't
upgrade to 1.4 yet, and need this functionality :)

Sincerely,
Edvin Syse

Re: Could AbstractTab#isVisible() be backported to 1.3-branch?

Posted by Edvin Syse <ed...@sysedata.no>.
Igor Vaynberg wrote:
> it is actually ITab#isVisible() which is an api break not allowed in
> 1.3.x releases.

Saw that it was ITab after i posted and felt kind of stupid :)) hehe

> we can possibbly add it just to AbstractTab and then do an instanceof
> check, but that is quiet ugly. this is what 1.4 release is for.

Agree, that's ugly :)

> you can easily roll your own panel until you can update to 1.4

OK, thanks, I'll do that!

-- Edvin

Re: Could AbstractTab#isVisible() be backported to 1.3-branch?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
it is actually ITab#isVisible() which is an api break not allowed in
1.3.x releases.

we can possibbly add it just to AbstractTab and then do an instanceof
check, but that is quiet ugly. this is what 1.4 release is for.

you can easily roll your own panel until you can update to 1.4

-igor