Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Brian Theodore <br...@tibcofinance.com> on 2001/03/06 22:53:02 UTC

Support for "actor" attribute support?

All,

One of the interesting features described in the SOAP 1.1 spec is that of a
message itinerary (or "message path").  I don't see any support for this in
the current Apache source/examples.  That is, if I wanted a SOAP message to
be sent from a web client via a HTTP transport to a servlet intermediary,
perhaps do some logging, then strip off that actor from the header and
"route" the message to the final destination, which could be over another
transport (e.g., MQSeries).  This scenario is possible given what is
described in section 4.2.2 of the 1.1 spec.  In the RPCRouter class, it
seems to only support locally invoking the methods, not forwarding them on
based on an itinerary..

I'm fairly new to this board and the Apache implementation, but has this
support been implemented yet?