Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Sharma, Avani" <ag...@ebay.com> on 2010/09/02 02:50:16 UTC

RE: Initial and max heap size

I was able to do the same. Thanks.

-Avani

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew LeMieux [mailto:mdl@mlogiciels.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 11:47 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Initial and max heap size

I've found that the master doesn't need as much memory as the regionserver.

I've been successful giving the region servers 4GB or more and the master 1GB or less.
(I used HBASE_MASTER_OPTS and HBASE_REGIONSERVER_OPTS in hbase-env.sh for specifying different heap sizes)

Has anybody else had a different experience?

-Matthew