Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Igor Romanov <ri...@nizhny.ru> on 2000/05/23 14:11:31 UTC

so what? there's no solution to "cache problem"?

Hello All!

So it seems like the only way to develop XSPs with included classes
that needs to be recompiled often is to restart JServ after every
compilation? Not very good 8(

// for those who interested in 'subject' please refer to earlier
messages with "Cache problem" subject.

---
Igor Romanov,
Neon / CEO

Re: so what? there's no solution to "cache problem"?

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Paul Russell wrote:

> On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 02:15:00PM +0200, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> > There's an option in the JServ configuration, where you can specify
> > which classes will be reloaded automatically when they are changed. I
> > believe this checks .class files, not .java files, so you'll have to
> > recompile manually.
>
> ... which is 'correct' behaviour anyway - that way you can't
> kill your web application by making a typo.

Indeed. Although I wouldn't suspect that any developer edits source code
on the production machine and tests it right there. After testing
locally, it is a matter of deploying something to the production server
and I guess it doesn't matter much if it is a .class or a .java file.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: so what? there's no solution to "cache problem"?

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 02:15:00PM +0200, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> There's an option in the JServ configuration, where you can specify
> which classes will be reloaded automatically when they are changed. I
> believe this checks .class files, not .java files, so you'll have to
> recompile manually.

... which is 'correct' behaviour anyway - that way you can't
kill your web application by making a typo.

--
Paul Russell                               <pa...@luminas.co.uk>
Luminas Ltd.

Re[2]: so what? there's no solution to "cache problem"?

Posted by Igor Romanov <ri...@nizhny.ru>.
UM> There's an option in the JServ configuration, where you can specify
UM> which classes will be reloaded automatically when they are changed. I
UM> believe this checks .class files, not .java files, so you'll have to
UM> recompile manually.

sure. but you need to exclude path to those classes from the system
classpath for JServ to reload them automatically... And if you do so -
Cocoon become unable to compile your XSPs 8( - can't find classes.

Anyway, i think I've found a kind of 'solution' 8)
Now I put the path to the Cocoon's repository in JServ's
"repository = ..." and put all classes in there.
Now cocoon can see them and JServ can reload them too... amen...

But anyway, I think that's not right - there must be more accurate
solution to this problem.

Re: so what? there's no solution to "cache problem"?

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.