Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian McSweeney <br...@aurium.net> on 2003/05/15 17:27:06 UTC

ssl troubleshooting

Hi all,

ok. I've successfully setup ssl to work on jboss-tomcat.
However, I'm confused (again!) by what's happening.
I'm using a ssl filter to restrict access.

I have a jsp -

validate.jsp.

this goes to an action /secure/validate.do which I encrypt using the filter with ssl.

However, when I go from validate.jsp (unencrypted) the first time to the encrypted
action, I get the whole (do you want to accept the certificate blurb) but then I get
an error which sends me back to the validate.jsp. However this time its encrypted
in ssl itself, ie

https//:myhost/validate.jsp

when I try to resubmit now, everything works fine! What's going on here?

Brian