Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/08 20:55:45 UTC

Jesktop uploaded.

Folks,

Following last week's vote on Jesktop, it's now been cleaned up,
apacheized and uploaded to CVS.

To build (cornerstone) do "build jesktop".  To deploy it to phoenic for
testing, do "build jesktop-deploy".  Running phoenix after that should
launch it (and whatever other sar files you have in phoenix/dist/apps).

Once in Jesktop, open simple installer and paste in URLs from ..

   http://www.jesktop.net/apps/

... one at a time, and confirm installation.

Have fun....

Regards,

- Paul H

Re: Jesktop uploaded.

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 9 Sep 2001 04:55, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Following last week's vote on Jesktop, it's now been cleaned up,
> apacheized and uploaded to CVS.
>
> To build (cornerstone) do "build jesktop".  To deploy it to phoenic for
> testing, do "build jesktop-deploy".  Running phoenix after that should
> launch it (and whatever other sar files you have in phoenix/dist/apps).
>
> Once in Jesktop, open simple installer and paste in URLs from ..
>
>    http://www.jesktop.net/apps/
>
> ... one at a time, and confirm installation.
>
> Have fun....

woohoo - im off to update from CVS then ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: Jesktop uploaded.

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 9 Sep 2001 18:46, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Peter,
>
> >Just a warning - it doesn't build cleanly as it doesn't look like the
> >cornerstone classes are in it's classpath. Will have a look at it a bit
> > later if you don't get a chance.
>
> Fixed,  it now depends on Cornerstone's compile target,  I was in the
> habit of doing a "build dist" a least once before "build jesktop".  It's
> not not necessary.
>
> *Question*
>
> Should "build clean" or "build real-clean" delete "dist/" per se?

My vote would be yes in both cases.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: Jesktop uploaded.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@yahoo.com>.
Yes.
build realclean should remove the extra artifacts.

Re: Jesktop uploaded.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

Re: Jesktop uploaded.

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
Just a warning - it doesn't build cleanly as it doesn't look like the
cornerstone classes are in it's classpath. Will have a look at it a bit later
if you don't get a chance.

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001 04:55, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Following last week's vote on Jesktop, it's now been cleaned up,
> apacheized and uploaded to CVS.
>
> To build (cornerstone) do "build jesktop".  To deploy it to phoenic for
> testing, do "build jesktop-deploy".  Running phoenix after that should
> launch it (and whatever other sar files you have in phoenix/dist/apps).
>
> Once in Jesktop, open simple installer and paste in URLs from ..
>
>    http://www.jesktop.net/apps/
>
> ... one at a time, and confirm installation.
>
> Have fun....
>
> Regards,
>
> - Paul H

Cheers,

Pete

The phrase "computer literate user" really means the person
has been hurt so many times that the scar tissue is thick
enough so he no longer feels the pain.
   -- Alan Cooper, The Inmates are Running the Asylum