Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/15 17:04:44 UTC

Embedding java broker and log4j configuration

Hi,
I'm going to use your Java Broker "embedded" in my platform
(http://www.magnews.it).
MagNews is a plaftorm for building email marketing solutions, we use JMS
to spread bacxkground jobs thru the cluster.

We were using ActiveMQ but due to its limits in HA configurations we are
migrating to QPid, we use  essentially JMS so the port has been simple.

I see at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/qpid/trunk/qpid/java/broker/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/server/Broker.java?view=markup
that your broker wants to "configure" logging at startup in its way, but
we want to configure logging "in our way", before broker startup and
with log4j API (not config files)

I would like to have a BrokerOption in order to skip the call of
"Borker.configureLogging" method (and any other Qpid programmating
effort to reconfigure log4j)

We are going online with the release of our platform at the end of
March, are you going to release another versione of QPid java broker by
that date ?

Thanks in advance

I hope that QPid will become soon my preferred Java JMS Broker

Enrico

Re: Embedding java broker and log4j configuration

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much !!!

I will wait for the 0.22 release at the end of April

Enrico

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Change made on trunk:

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.