Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/02 12:14:26 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.7.1 candidate 0

+1 (binding)

- I built the source code (-Pfull-build) on Ubuntu 18.04.6 using OpenJDK
11.0.14.1 and maven 3.6.0.
- all the unit tests passed eventually (both Java and C-client).
- I also built and executed unit tests for zkpython
- checkstyle and spotbugs passed
- apache-rat passed
- owasp (CVE check) passed (with some false-positives, see ZOOKEEPER-4510)
- fatjar built
- I executed quick rolling-upgrade smoke tests (using
https://github.com/symat/zk-rolling-upgrade-test):
    - rolling upgrade from 3.5.9 to 3.7.1
    - rolling upgrade from 3.6.3 to 3.7.1
    - rolling upgrade from 3.7.0 to 3.7.1
    - rolling upgrade from 3.7.1 to 3.8.0

Few minor issues, none of them blocker in my opinion:
- some false positive CVE problems (followed in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-4510)
- some unit tests failed for me the first time, but succeeded when I run
them one-by-one:
    - org.apache.zookeeper.ZKUtilTest
    - org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMainTest
    - org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMainMultiAddressTest
    - org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMainTest
    - org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Zab1_0Test
    - org.apache.zookeeper.server.util.JvmPauseMonitorTest
    - org.apache.zookeeper.server.util.RequestPathMetricsCollectorTest
- some C unit tests failed also on my docker environment (these run
successfully on CI, so I assume it is only a problem on my docker setup):
    - Zookeeper_readOnly::testReadOnly (only on the multi-threaded C-client
test suite)
    - Zookeeper_readOnly::testReadOnlyWithSSL (only on the multi-threaded
C-client test suite)

Thanks for your work preparing the RC!

Kind regards,
Máté

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)
- Verified checksums, signatures, licence files
- Built on Ubuntu with JDK11, all tests passed (I used surefire-forkcount=1)
- Run smoke tests on the binaries produced by building the source package

Good job, thank you Mohammad

Enrico